The embedded Orion editor example plug-in can be checked out from the following location:
Server: dev.eclipse.org Repository: cvsroot/eclipse Project: e4/org.eclipse.e4.ui/examples/org.eclipse.e4.examples.webintegration.orion.editor.plugin
If you import the source of the plug-in you can launch a run time Eclipse Application to play with it or export the project as a “Deployable Plug-In” and install the plug-in in your own Eclipse.
The code relevant to the example are the Editor.java, EditorService.java and editorService/embeddededitor.js files.
There have been a few requests for the embedded Orion editor as a pre-built feature so that it can be installed and used in a Eclipse 3.6.x and later workbench. If you would like to use the Orion editor to edit .js and similar files in Eclipse you can download a P2 repository here.
- Download and unzip the archive to a directory.
- Choose menu item Help->Add New Software…
- Use the Add… button to add the directory as a Local… update site
- Select the update site.
- Deselect the “Group items by category” check box
- Select and install the Orion Editor Feature